Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"I'm Back, Baby!!.."

...in the immortal words of Joey Tribbiani! Back, after a stint in the freezer and extensive rewiring to the brain - hopefully this baby will now go from 0 to 120 in 2 seconds, without shooting the engine to hell, or worse!

I am still teeming with ideas and grappling for the words I need, to pin them down, but there's no more panic seasoning the process. Have been ploughing my way through a lot of Terry 'Cor! He's Good' Pratchett, Agatha Christie, Mark Tully, Louis L'amour and David Eddings in the hope that they will help with the fusebox. And I think I may just have found the inspiration to do some serious writing.

That's not say that I am going to go and rip out a hugely fantastic piece of prose, and thereby find the meaning of my Life. I don't intend to go from desk-bound pen-pusher to energy-crackling-around-me-waiting-to-be-released the-world-is-my-backyard key-pounder. But then again, maybe I will mildly wiggle my fingers in that direction...

And till I reach that point, when I quit my job and head for the hills so that I have peace and quiet and NO HORNS PLEASE, am going to keep painting these little pictures of thoughts that keep running through my head and occasionally stop to show off complex skateboard stunts. Don't be surprised if I actually learn to skateboard, in the process.

So, here's to impending insanity and the rush of the ride!

No comments: