Friday, September 15, 2006

Book tagged!

What goes around comes around, and all that jazz....I-sa been tagged by the Axe, so here goes:

1. Book that changed your life:
Richard Bach's Illusions and, funnily enough, the Merchant of Venice. I could not help but feel sorry for Shylock, and that started me thinking...perceptions, and prejudice, are sneaky little things! However, I must say that almost every book I have read (with very few exceptions) has had something to make me think. So, kinda hard to list them all :o)

2. Book you've read more than once: That would be just about every book I own...but I think the ones I cannot HELP re-reading are the
Wodehouses and Pratchetts. Life is too short not to fill it with laughter!

3. Book you'd take to a desert island: Richard Bach's "Stranger to the Ground"....if I believe hard enough, I will actually fly (hey, if believing worked for Tink, it works for me!)

4. Book that made you laugh: ANYthing by
Terry Pratchett...if you haven't read one, yet, you haven't lived.

5. Book that made you cry: Don't really remember crying for a book....movies, yes, books, no...

6. Book you wish you had written: Once again, too many to list...am not even going to try!

7. Book you wish had never been written: Robert Jordan's
Wheel of Time (Book 1)...after all, that is where all the mischief started! 10 books down (or is it 11?!) the story is still going on and I have lost track of people, times and places... :o(

8. Book you are currently reading: Pyramids by Pratchett,
No Full Stops in India by Mark Tully

9. Book you have been meaning to read: Les Miserables...bought the book and just keep staring at it, and then passing it by...it will take some serious offtime, loads of cinnamon-topped frothy coffee and a table by a window, on a rainy day, for me to actually start.

10. Tagging: Do I have to?! Really? Truly?

No comments: