Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I spy with my little eye...

Answer me this : what does the Electrical Division of a Detective Agency do? I mean, what would you classify as electrical detection? And I don't think this is the variety that electricians and testers indulge in!

My mind popped this question when I ended up waiting in traffic next to a minivan marked "Electrical Division - ***** Detective Agency". After, that is, wowing at the coolness of

(a) actually having a detective agency in this town and
(b) actually standing next to what could well be a van full of detectives on a hot case!

What's the big deal, you say? The big deal is that I am a detective-story-junkie and automatically equate, however mistakenly, detectives and the art of detection to the stalwarts I have grown up reading and watching.

Some of my favorites are the usual suspects - Hercule Poirot, Perry Mason (more detective than lawyer, I think), Deputy Chief Constable Bob Skinner, the indubitable Mr.Holmes.

And some more unusual - Tommy & Tuppence, Lt.Eve Dallas (don't be fooled by the fact that the author also writes romance novels!), Batman (hey, The Dark Detective still counts!), Laura Holt & Remington Steele (yeah, so, Pierce Brosnan rocks), Adrian Monk, Shawn Spencer, Precious Ramotswe, Oz Blackstone ....the list goes on!

What about you? Who's on your list?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my fave detectives or should i call them criminologists as Jeffery Deaver does, Lincoln Rhyme, the quadrplegic forensic wizard, Colin Forbes' the very British Tweed and his team, Aunt Jane Marple.

Vidya said...

my only question is,
why on earth didn't you f follow that van??? how could resist temptation to do so :)
think about it, if they didn't notice they had a tail, then you could tell them they were incompetent

Taz Snow said...

*sigh* the 20-20 clarity of hindsight! Though, come to think of it, it is very doggie like, in'it to go chasing after a van, "dogging" the steps of the detectives?!

Sidharth Ullal said...

Detective agency's electrical division.. LOL LOL LOL!!!

If they were going on a surveillance trip do they really have to be so showy??