Sunday, October 21, 2007

32000 ft above the Caucasus - 19th Oct

Am back to tripping on the wonders of flying...all brought on by the seat-back screen in front of me, which shows a continuous downward view. Imagine looking down at the earth as you fly over it, seeing it as though there were nothing between it and you. And I like the idea that it does not make me gibber with terror, considering how high up in the air I am, at the moment!

We are currently flying over some part of the Caucasus mountains, and I can see every fold, every pleat in the land. Though it is a little disturbing to see these folds interspersed with the neath patchwork of fields and homes that indicate the steady march of civilizations.

Wisps of clouds pass between the land below, and the airplane's camera above; cloud shadow dots the landscape. It's exciting to see this from a completely different perspective. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...there's nothing like flying and nothing like being suspended miles above the earth, in the atmosphere, to put an entirely objective cast to Life as you know it!

Oh wow...snow-covered heights...there's just one word that can do this view justice...breathtaking!

6 comments:

"Lady Namu" said...

hey, if ur gonna be in BOS..just gimema buzz...I leave for CA fri...

Unknown said...

I really liked ur post, thanks for sharing. Keep writing. I discovered a good site for bloggers check out this www.blogadda.com, you can submit your blog there, you can get more auidence.

"Lady Namu" said...

It was great meeting you and Omar..finally:) and thanks a ton for the scarf, I wore it on my way home:) its gorgeous...have a good trip back...

Sujatha Bagal said...

You've been tagged - http://blogpourri.blogspot.com/2007/11/middle-name-tag.html

Vidya said...

"TAG!"... your turn now. I think you'll like this one.

Ammu Khala said...

But but but I didnt even get to see you :(...