Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blues, Greens and Shower Screens

If I have thunk it once, I have thunk it a gazillion times (and said it a few million times!), Goa is about colour, colour and more COLOUR!

The brilliant blues of the sky and the seas, the luscious greens of the flora, the bright yellow of the Sun and the muted creams of the sands....I could go on forever. I truly believe a colour comes alive, and into it's own, when seen in Goa. I believe colours live for that one moment, like fireflies waiting to spark, a brief burst that banishes the dark.

What brought this on, was my shower. Rather, the shower in my hotel room. Granite underfoot, scattered, smooth, pebbles and waving green ferns, and a blue'n'green tiled panel from which jut-eth the shower-head. A panel that reminded me of the wall of fountains that Tom Hanks built for Catherine Zeta-Jones in
The Terminal (originally based on the 1000 fountains that Napoleon built for Josephine! What morance, I say!).

Yenivays, digression happening...coming back to my shower (YES, is MINE till I check out, tomorrow!)...this whole confection is OUTDOOR, and screened by a cunning little wall, topped with wicker matting, surrounded by ferns. All glossed by a fresh wash of rain...

***Sigh***

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? You're in Goa now??!?!??!! Life is very far from being fair.

Taz Snow said...

Vudja believe I am in Goa on work? Have just spent a day an a half trapped in a freezing cold conference room. Which is why the only thing I can rave about is the shower!

Denish said...

Who wants to head northward with me to the forests of Vermont? taak aboput shaw-wer under water in the lake!

Denish said...

"Raiiinnnn..
falling on my fingertips...."
skedaddle... Spaceman Spiff
Zarooks
kolmumbai
hows that for delirium?

Taz Snow said...

You win hands down, babes...you delirious for sure! :oD

Denish said...

As Bill Gates is wont to saying... "Update, Update, Update"

Vidya said...

*poke*

Taz Snow said...

Oi! Stop poking! Going by my track record, am done posting for the month ;o)

(However, will be coming back to update the Gangtok story...I just need another long, jobless flight in order to get that done!)

Ammu Khala said...

Aeyloo, longtime no hear no see no nuthin... hows it going sis?

Amreena(now you have to know who that is...?? lol!!!)

Anonymous said...

*poke*

Taz Snow said...

Ame : Ofcourse I know who you are...sheesh!...very insulted I say! Yenivays, all goes well... ;o)

Vee: One more poke and it's off with your head.

Denish said...

*poke*

Taz Snow said...

*BWAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHH*** no poke! :o(

Vidya said...

*poke*

Anonymous said...

*poke*

Denish said...

[Vee]
In slang, "to poke" has a different connotation.. I though I might mention it since you are "poking around" on Blogs!!

Vidya said...

sheesh... never mind...

GOLLY WAKE UP... WAKEY, WAKEY RISE N SHINE

GET BLOGGING...

*SOUND EFFECTS* ADITI PLAYING HER FAVOURITE MUSIC WITH A PLATE N SPOON

Anonymous said...

I will see your *poke*, and raise you a *bump*!

Vidya said...

I will see your *bump* .. raise you a *shove*

or does this blog need a *tilt* like a Bajaj scooter to get it going??

Anonymous said...

Wow ... that's a strong raise. A *shove* is too rich for my blood. I fold.

Vidya said...

in that case... i'll see your *bump*, and raise you a *nudge*

Anonymous said...

I will see your nudge and raise you a *wink*!

Vidya said...

I will see your *wink* and raise you a *gentle shove*

Anonymous said...

I will see your *gentle shove* and raise you a *wink* & a *slap and tickle*!

I am also letting the dealer know that I would like to take out insurance.

Medical.

Or Life.

Taz Snow said...

The House throws both of you out of the game for hiding cards and pokes up your sleeves.

Taz Snow said...

And go *slap and tickle* on your own Blogs...we run a clean game here!

Denish said...

*slap, tickle* ... and *poke*

Vidya said...

er.. Dents.. You dont really start a game with such high stakes... but anyway..
I see your *slap, tickle* ... and *poke* and raise you a *kickstart*

Anonymous said...

Sheesh you people obviously arent poker players.

The game is Texas Hold Em. The blind is 2 *pokes*.

I call your *kickstart* and raise you a *vroom*